San Fernando Electric Light & Power Company, Incorporated (SFELAPCO, INC.)
The seventh largest privately-owned electricity distributor in the country and Aboitiz Equity Venture's first power distribution investment in Luzon. Its average systems loss is much lower than the ERC-mandated cap of 9.5% pegged for private electric utilities.
SFELAPCO, a medium-sized electric distribution utility, is one of the first electric companies in the province. Under the leadership of Hon. Sotero Baluyut, the Company was founded and incorporated in 1927. It has a 50-year renewable franchise that was last extended by Congress in January 23, 1961 through R.A. No. 3207.
SFELAPCO provides the energy needs of the now City of San Fernando and the Municipality of Floridablanca, both in Pampanga. To date, SFELAPCO has a total of 57,826 residential customers and 6,759 commercial and industrial consumers. An area of 203,514 sq. kms. is being served by SFELAPCO with approximately 301.5 circuit-kilometers on its 13.8 kvolt distribution lines.
SFELAPCO has four (4) power distribution substations, namely, Magdalena, Greenville, Lourdes Heights and Basa Substations with a combined capacity of 119.2 MVA. At present, its maximum demand is 70,794 kilowatts including the San Miguel Corporation while its minimum demand is only 60,021 kilowatts. So far, around 3,349 distribution transformers have been installed to some 22,955 wood and concrete poles the within the total franchise area of SFELAPCO.
SFELAPCO procures energy from the government-owned NPC/TRANSCO and from HEDCOR, a hydroelectric firm of the Aboitiz Group. The Aboitiz Group has beneficial ownership of 43.8% of the Company. Aboitiz introduced to SFELAPCO the operation of a fully functional automated mapping and facilities management (AM/FM) system.